Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Week 34

Mom was in town this week to help me get the house ready for the impending arrival of the bean, and we took a little jaunt out to the Brooklyn Flea to see what we could see. She scored an amazing painting by a local artist, and I came home with some adorable prints from Foxy and Winston. We also discovered at the Flea that you can indeed get decent Mexican food in NYC, although the existence of a decent burrito remains dubious. Jordy was an excellent sport through all of our errand-running (no surprises there), and I think that it had to do, in part, with us keeping him placated with tacos and red velvet cupcakes. In just three days, Mom and I hit up the Flea, Purl Patchwork, the New Museum, Cafe Habana, Ikea, and West Elm. Needless to say, I spent most of today alternating between putting together furniture and napping.
I've finished my spring semester, so all I have to do now is little projects and thumb-twiddling while waiting for the bean to come. I bought her first pair of shoes a few months ago, when I had to make a video for a class that incorporates Converse, a quote that we were assigned, and something about parks. This is just a draft, since I have to animate a few of the scenes still, but here are the bean's All-Stars in their first starring role.

Related: I'm going to dress the bean exclusively in All-Stars until she's 20.

1 comment: